Woodstock Suites offers luxury self-catering accommodation nestled in the breathtaking beauty of the South Downs National Park in West Sussex, Southern England.
Our six suites are surrounded by stunning countryside just footsteps away from woodland, meadows, and pastures - a haven for picnics, running, walking and cycling. In Spring you will be treated to carpets of bluebells just a few minutes away.
It is a great place to stay, we are near Chichester, Cowdray Park, and Goodwood and there are plenty of places to eat, visit and shop in the local area. Here are just a few:
PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
- The award winning gastro pub 'The Fox Goes Free' - just four doors away offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- The Partridge Inn, Singleton - approx. 10-minute walk
- The Star and Garter, East Dean - approx. 10-minute walk
- The Earl of March, Lavant - approx. 10-minute drive
- The Royal Oak, East Lavant - approx. 10-minute drive
If you are an art or history lover, business traveller, car or aviation enthusiast, cyclist, golfer, hiker, holiday-maker, horse-rider, horse racing fan, runner, theatre-goer, wedding party or walker, there is plenty to do in the local area.
- Bishop's Palace Gardens approx. 7 miles
- Black Down - the highest point in the South Downs National Park, in the summer the hill is covered in purple heather – approx. 16 miles
- Cass Sculpture Foundation - an outdoor sculpture museum - approx. 3 miles
- Charlton Forest - part of the South Downs Way with good trails past North Down and Levin Down, great for walking and cycling - approx. 2 miles.
- Chichester - Cathedral and Festival Theatre - approx. 6.5 miles
- Cowdray Park - golf, fly fishing, clay pigeon shooting, and polo - approx. 8 miles
- Farbridge - wedding receptions and civil ceremonies – approx. 3 miles
- Goodwood Estate - car track, flying lessons, golf, and spa. Goodwood also hosts festivals such as The March Members Meeting, the Festival of Speed, The Qatar Goodwood Festival and Goodwood Revival - approx. 3 miles
- The Textile Space - sewing workshops - 0 miles
- Petworth House - a stately 17th-century mansion, with a deer park and art collection (National Trust) - approx. 12 miles
- Rolls Royce - approx. 4.5 miles
- Upwaltham Barns - wedding receptions, civil weddings and partnership ceremonies – approx. 5 miles
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum - historic buildings and agriculture - approx. 1 mile
- West Dean College - a centre for the study of conservation, arts, crafts, writing, gardening, and music - approx. 2 miles
- West Sussex Golf Club - approx. 17 miles
- West Wittering - Blue Flag beach - approx. 15 miles
- Willowbrook Riding Centre - horse riding in the South Downs - approx. 10 miles
Chichester is about a 10-minute drive. It is home to local boutiques and well-known brands including The White Company, Jigsaw, Crew Clothing and Boots. There is also a Sainsbury’s so you can stock up if you want to self-cater.
There is a local convenience store in West Dean, about a 5-minute drive.